arielavalon

A.B. Whelan
Blood-Kissed Sky
J.A. London
Getting Over Garrett Delaney - Abby McDonald Review also posted at my blog

Sadie has been in love with her best friend Garrett for two long years. Two years of waiting and wishing that he would realize that they were perfect for each other. But when they are separated for the summer and he calls to say that he is in love and the girl he loves isn't Sadie, she decides that enough is enough. Armed with her new barista job, some fun coworkers, a rejuvinated friendship and a selfehlp program, she is determined to get over Garrett Delaney, and maybe even discover a new love in the process.

This novel was so cute! The characters are fantastic. They are all unique and fun. You can't help but just like them all. Their banter with one another is real and natural. I spent so much of the book either laughing out loud or smiling. I smiled for the whole what, three hours I tore through this book in and now my cheeks hurt.

The plot was really simple, Sadie wants to get over Garrett, she tries and fails miserably and then her friend and coworkers step in to help. Between them, she makes great progress, learns a lot about her friends, love in general, and herself. It's a wonderful coming of age type tale. The light writing and fun dialogue really help keep you reading.

Overall this book was too precious. It's a perfect rainy day read when you need to clear the storm clouds away and find a smile. I usually don't give fluff books 5 stars, but I couldn't help myself here. It was just too cute.