arielavalon

Fields of Elysium
A.B. Whelan
Blood-Kissed Sky
J.A. London
Of Poseidon - Anna Banks Galen, a Syrena prince, is on land searching for what might be the key to the survival of his species. He believes he finds what he seeks in the violet eyed Emma. After witnessing her talk to a shark, he knows she must of Of Poseidon, possessing the abilities of the long dead general. Now he must help her discover who she is, try to help her shift into her form and prepare her to mate with his brother Grom, all while trying not to fall in love with her himself.

This book was wonderful. It jumps right into the story, and while a lot of it shouldve been predictable to me, I was pretty blindsided at the ending.

I loved all of the characters. Seriously, every one of them were pretty perfect to me. The banter was funny, the random thoughts they had were entertaining, I laughed through so much of it.

The writing flowed well in my opinion. I had a nagging feeling that Emma accepted what she was a bit easily, but at the same time, I feel like she sort of knew. Besides, with the length of the novel she wouldnt have had time to angst about it and I think it wouldve made me like her far less if she did.

I had been needing a really good mermaid story for a while and this one just took the cake and made me so happy to read.